We are a local community group established on Phillip Island. We are like minded individuals whose objective is to protect and preserve the natural environment and its amazing wildlife for everyone to enjoy.
TO SAVE WESTERN PORT TODAY. FOR TOMORROW.
Our mission is to continuously educate, collaborate and immerse the local community and visitors in the wonderfully unique environment of Phillip Island and surrounding neighbourhoods. We believe that the environment and wildlife are precious and without protection from overdevelopment and threats of pollution and degradation, it risks becoming a wasteland. We are a sub committee and non political organisation protecting our local neighbourhood and environment for the benefit of everyone who lives and visits it.
What We've Achieved
- Engagement with Community & Stakeholders
- Media & Internet coverage.
- Establishment of Networks of similar activist groups concerned about environmental impacts.
- Research and documentation of key issues surrounding a Port Development.
- Education Programs
- Sharing of key outcomes with leading scientists and conservation organisations
- Protection and lobbying on behalf of Ramsar protected areas.
- Holding Environmental Guidelines up to scrutiny and ensuring they are adhered to.